Huge benefits to be gained for Businesses and communities that recognise and support Carers
Unpaid, or family, Carers are people who provide care for a loved-one who is elderly, frail or has a disability and who couldn’t manage without them.
Supporting Carers makes business sense – Carers save the economy over £132 billion each year and with 1 in 8 adults in the UK in a caring role, Carers have significant purchasing power.
14% of the UK’s workforce also carry out an unpaid caring role outside of work. With the peak age for caring between 40 – 60, these are your most experienced staff. Each year over millions of Carers give up work due to the demands of balancing employment and their Caring role, at a significant cost to themselves, the economy, and your business.
Organisation, community, and local authority benefits of the Carers Card
- Allows you to easily identify and support the Carers in your workforce / community
- Provides the Carers in your workforce / community with access to support and services to maintain their wellbeing
- Organisations that offer discounts to Carers will open the doors to the 1 in 8 adults who are Carers
- Helps Carers feel valued and recognised, helping to reduce social isolation and loneliness
- The Carer Friendly Card demonstrates the holder is a registered and verified unpaid carer, giving them access to
support, services, and discounts.
Carers Card benefits for Carers
- Photo identity proving the holder is a Carer (All applications are subject to verification prior to approval
- Enables organisations to recognise the Carers within the workforce
- Identifies the Carer as having a voice in conversations regarding the person they are caring for
- Gives access to discounts and benefits to carers in acknowledgement of this contribution
- Provides emergency contact details, and lets blue light services know that someone relies on the card holder for support
- Helps to raise awareness and understanding of what it means to be a Carer.
The Carer Friendly Card is part of Carer Friendly Communities, our programme to embed support for Carers across the community, with benefits for all.
If you are a business or local authority and want to connect, engage with and support Carers in your area, click here to find out about the benefits of Carer Friendly Communities to you.