A charity called Dementia Carers Counts runs courses to help carers feel confident, valued and heard. If you are supporting a family member, spouse or friend with dementia, the charity’s one and three-day courses will help you with your hands-on caring role and benefit your psychological wellbeing.
One day courses on dementia are held at The Eaton Hotel on the Hagley Road in Birmingham. Here is a list of free one day courses, just click on each link to find out more.
- Caring about Communication and Staying Connected
- Caring About Relationships and Feeling Secure
- Caring about Guilt, Grief and Loss
- Caring about White Lies, Half-Truths & Telling it Like it is
- Caring about Sudden or Extreme Confusion (Delirium)
- Caring about Managing Agitation & Behaviours that Challenge
Here are the dates and availability for all the above courses.
The three-day residential course (also held at the Eaton Hotel) will build your knowledge about dementia in a way that will captivate your attention and provide practical advice and guidance. Psychologist-led sessions will also help you develop your resilience so you can survive and grow through the most challenging of times.
To check dates and availability, please click here.