What is Volunteering?
Volunteering is defined as “An activity that involves spending time, unpaid, doing something that aims to benefit the environment or individuals or groups other than (or in addition to) close relatives.” (Volunteering England)
Put simply, volunteering is giving up some of your time, for free, to help others.
Benefits of Volunteering
It is your experience and expertise that makes you an individual that we want to be able to showcase through volunteering.
Dedicating your time as a volunteer helps you make new friends, expand your network, and boost your social skills.
- Learn great new skills to add to your CV
- Make new friends locally
- Meet inspiring new people, staff, clients and other volunteers
- Work alongside experts in their field; and
- Make a tremendous difference in the lives of carers
Why Volunteer for Forward Carers…
Your support will help make a difference to the lives of carers.
Forward Carers recognise the value and contribution of volunteers.
At Forward Carers, ANYBODY can be a volunteer as long as you are passionate about changing the lives of carers.
There are lots of different opportunities to get involved in, and your hours as a volunteer can be arranged to fit in with your way of life. In some of our roles you won’t need previous experience as full training will be provided wherever necessary.
And remember, no matter how busy your lifestyle, we will try to find a role that will fit around your commitments. You can volunteer on your terms, as little or as much as you like.
Our promise to you…
When you become a Forward Carers volunteer, we will always:
- Treat you with respect, consideration and appreciation
- Listen to what you have to say by holding volunteer team meetings
- Make sure you are part of a friendly and encouraging atmosphere
- Prioritise your health, safety and welfare
- Keep you up-to-date via regular newsletter and e-newsletters
We’ll be there to support you every step of the way, and we’ll make sure you know exactly what you’re doing.