As part of Carers week 2021, Birmingham City Council in partnership with Bristol University and Travel West Midlands/National Express, and Birmingham Carers Hub promoted a pilot travel scheme for carers who do not have access to their own transport.
The travel scheme pilot will run for one month and will involve one-month’s free bus travel within the West Midlands.
*Applicants must be registered with Birmingham Carers Hub, a FREE support service for Carers run by Forward Carers.
Applicants must be willing to participate in completing a set of wellbeing questions both before and following the Pilot.
Applicants must meet the following criteria
• Must be an unpaid Carer registered with Birmingham Carers Hub (BCH) -with BCH PRN reference number on the application for verification. This reference number can be found on a letter from BCH or can be provided by contacting Birmingham Carers Hub: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0333 006 9711
• Must have access to the internet
• Must have access to a telephone
• Must be willing to engage in pre and post-pilot questionnaires
• Must be reliant on Birmingham buses without access to a vehicle
• Must reside in the Birmingham area
How to apply
To apply please click the following link: Travel Pass Application
30 Successful carers will be randomly selected from all applicants that meet the required criteria.
For more information contact Ricardo.Dodd@Birmingham.gov.uk