Forward Carers CIC is looking for an efficient Administrator to join a small friendly team based in Selly Oak, Birmingham.
Job purpose: This important support role will assist Forward Carers run smoothly by dealing with customer enquiries, updating client records, issuing Carer ID and Payment Cards, as well as providing administration support to the Team.
Hours of work: 37 hours per week (job-share considered), mainly during normal office working hours, though occasional flexibility may be required to suit the needs of the post.
Job location: TouchBase Pears Business Centre, Selly Oak, with occasional travel across the West Midlands, however due to nature of the role and Covid-19 restrictions you will be required to work from home to undertake this role.
Salary: £17,000 – £19,000 Pro Rota
Contact Length: Fixed term contract – 12 months
Reporting to: Project Manager
We estimate there to be in region of 400,000 people caring for a family member, friend or neighbour in the West Midlands alone and Forward Carers wants to make a positive difference to their quality of life. We are a not-for-profit social enterprise that offers a range of provision to unpaid carers from advice and guidance; emergency back-up care; training, wellbeing activities and much more. Forward Carers runs the Birmingham Carers Hub – a one stop shop for improving carer wellbeing; we’re also a key delivery partner for Ageing Better in Birmingham – a programme to reduce social isolation. If you want to make a difference to the lives of carers and their families, and want to support our dynamic team, then this could be the job for you!
The Administrator will take an active role in supporting the delivery of a range of Forward Carers projects and services. This will be achieved by:
• Responding to telephone and email enquiries, conveying accurate information promptly and appropriately
• Working as part of a team assisting the office and team to run efficiently
• Working to agreed processes administering Carer ID and Payment Cards responding to queries in a professional manner
• Support the administration of customer surveys and other team communications
• Safe handling and inputting of client data to systems and gathering information to monitor project progress
• Regularly communicating with a range of organisations involved with Forward Carers services
• Assisting in the preparation and distribution of materials and stationery required for events
• Undertaking other duties as requested appropriate to the grade of this post.
• Representing Forward Carers in a positive and professional manner at all times
Send covering email or email with an attached letter, and your CV (or a link to your LinkedIn Profile) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the email entitled ‘Forward Carers Administrator Post’.
To be considered for this post you will need to ensure that you have demonstrated how your skills and experience meet the Person Specification requirements outlined below to fulfil the job successfully.
Closing time / date is noon 26th March 2021.
Person Specification (Key: E = Essential, D = Desirable)
1. Education, Qualifications and Training
• A good standard of education with at least 5 C/GCSE’s (E)
• Training in excellent customer service practices (D)
• Dealing with customers via a range of channels face-to-face, telephone and/or online (E)
• Responding to queries and simple problem solving (E)
• Setting up and maintaining records (E)
• Working in the health, social care or community sector (E)
• Working to deadlines (D)
• Taking accurate meeting notes (D)
3. Knowledge or Awareness
• Computer literate (E)
• Maintaining a high-level of confidentiality and discretion at all times (E)
• Familiarity with the issues facing parent-carers and family carers (D)
• Excellent customer service skills (E)
• Organised, with good administrative skills (E)
• Able to meet deadlines and work to an agreed budget (E)
• Skilled in word processing and comfortable with email, social media and online meetings technology (E)
• Can work as part of a team (E)
• Able to network effectively with a range of people and diverse organisations (D)
• Microsoft Office (D)
5. Personal Attributes
• Organised and dependable (E)
• Compassionate and sensitive to the needs of others (E)
6. Other Requirements
• Suitable environment to work from home (E)
• Occasional travel across West Midlands as required (D)
• Standard DBS check (E)